If you’re in need of a shingle roof replacement in Edina, MN, then you might want to consider what your shingle roof replacement options are.
Two such options are asphalt and cedar. The following are some of the benefits of both asphalt and cedar shingles that you should compare before deciding which type of shingle roof replacement will suit your needs best:
The following are some of the reasons to consider an asphalt shingle roof replacement:
- They offer visual flexibility – Asphalt shingles are available in a wide variety of colors and styles, thereby ensuring that they will fit with your home design.
- They are durable – Asphalt shingles are very durable. If properly installed, they can last for upwards of 30 years. They are leak-resistant and highly resistant to wind, which makes them a good choice for the harsher winter seasons. They can also be installed with fiberglass matting for added resistance to fire.
- They are easy to install – Asphalt shingles are easy to install on both steep and angled roofs, which makes repair work easy as well.
- They are sustainable – Asphalt shingles can be recycled after their use as roofing material has expired. For example, asphalt shingles can be used as paving.
- They are affordable – Out of all the different types of roofing materials available, asphalt is one of the most affordable.
Consider the following benefits for choosing a cedar shingle roof replacement:
- They are beautiful – Cedar shingles have a naturally gorgeous look that is sure to boost your curb appeal. There is a wide range of finishes available for cedar shingles as well.
- They are very durable – Cedar is one of the strongest woods available. Cedar shingles have a reputation for being highly resistant to hurricanes, hail storms, heavy rains, and snowstorms. They will generally last longer than other types of shingles as well.
- They are energy efficient – Cedar shingles provide natural insulation to the roof system, which will help you keep your heating costs down and your home comfortable during the winter seasons.
These are some of the benefits of asphalt shingles and cedar shingles. Consider the benefits of both to determine what type of shingle roof replacement will fulfill your specific needs best. To speak to a professional roofing contractor in Edina, MN about scheduling a roof replacement, be sure to contact us at LB Solutions for a free estimate today.